Monday, August 23, 2010

On the Road Again - The A-Team Version

Hello everybody!!

Sorry for the long delay in posts; as Adi said before, the time has flown and with so much to do with no breaks to organize the multitude of media we have stored on our collective media sources. Some have leaked onto the ever present and checked FB and others have been gradually appearing on the site, but the trip to Seattle with the varying tempos will be up soon.

It seems Adrian gave a general overview of our most recent travels so I will just highlight a few points that have suffered a brief brush in the previous post.

One guy that was forgotten in our LA week was the lovely and accommodating local by the name of David, who, by chance, gave us the best view of his great city that anyone will ever see. The night-scape was amazing but the day in my opinion was even better. This was because the view came from the top of the Hollywood sign on the Hollywood Hills development. Trouble seemed to follow our half hour hike that day as a man had supposedly fallen into the brush and the police, park rangers and fire brigade were called to the top for the search and rescue. I was very tempted to ask them for a ride down after the killer incline, but I knew I needed the exercise.

It was a sad time leaving LA, especially when the weather began to clear on that last morning. (I say morning very loosely because the group had a very hard time waking at any daylight hour!) However, the coastal highways were the highlight of that day and the epic moonlight pictures that ensued were amazing. Once we arrived in San Fran, a few obstacles dampened our spirits, yet the classy hotel was a fresh change from the constant horrible odour that permeated the Crown Plaza room the boys had inhabited.

San Francisco reminded me of Toronto and subsequently made me crave Timmy’s back home, but the best equivalent was Starbucks, and those prices don’t sit well with me. The group began to split and ended up with Adi, Fletch, Yvonne, and Robin going one way, and Julia, Alex, Alex, and Alex going the other.

Thus, I shall speak from my perspective: The first morning was a comfortable snooze and started off with a very good pub-lunch at the Elephant and Castle. I was aware of this chain in Toronto, but did not know of the other locations across the US. Then we branched out into the Financial district and took in the sights, which included interesting architecture, out-of-the-way parks filled with amazing sculptures and lots of history. History of ports, trains, mail, boats, and even cable cars. And, of course, the abundant amounts of seafood fresh from the coast. My favourite place definitely became Pier 39/Fisherman’s Wharf. The hooky gift shops had a type of charm that immediately endeared and enthralled you; to name a few: Alcatraz Gift Shop, The Holiday Shop, Dreyer’s Ice Cream, Everything Crab, Pearls Jewellery, and so much more. A breakfast crepe at one of their corner stores filled up all our stomachs for most of the afternoon. Bleeding into the second day, where resourceful Yvonne and Julia told us about the historical arcade and ships, as well as the Chocolate factory that moved to SAN LEANDRO. (Spell check Adi!!)

Was I really the only one who didn’t find the arcade creepy?? It was fun guys!

Now onto the next travelling portion. After the Golden Gate Bridge.....

Oh....OH....wait a sec! I almost missed out on a correction that jarred so greatly on Adi’s post. The Director’s well-timed, absolutely hilarious motion towards Adrian that momentous second morning in San Fran. I can’t believe Adi reduced this to ONE LINE. Ah well, guess it up to me to explain......

.....soooo, this morning the collective group in the Club Quarters hotel had been having a pretty difficult time attempting (key word attempting) to get up at a reasonable hour. By the time all of us gathered some semblance of clothing and hygiene the one unmistakable member of the group not yet ready to perform these tasks was Adi. Blood simply mentioned to the equally tired, but dressed Hofmann, to wake up the poor tired Romanian, and without blinking or pause came a loud SLAP right across the supple cheek of Mr. Muresan. Needless to say the room burst into howling laughter as Adi tried to process what Alex actually did to him.

There is no need to say that Muresan was very angry but got over it quite quickly.

Now back to Seattle....oops, I mean the travel to Seattle. There is not a lot to say about it that will not be posted by gourp 2 (Adi, Fletch, and Julia) but the Redwoods are an impressive stop for anyone travelling up or down the coast of Oregon and California.

NOW onto Seattle. The A-Team got into the downtown core ETA 10:00 on the dot and both Hofmann and I were immediately reminded of Frasier with the cityscape. This city is reminding me more of Toronto than the last, but I think that is because I am unconsciously readying myself to head back home to the familiar and comfortable pace that I am used to. The boys and I have a busy day planned tomorrow that will hopefully include the Flight museum, Underground Tour, Original Starbucks, Space Needle, Seattle Aquarium, and the SCIENCE FICTION MUSEUM, (you can eat your heart out Rankin!!!)

Both boys have decided to abstain from sleep tomorrow evening to cram everything into 1 fast-paced day; I only hope to keep up. My feet are not used to this kind of wear and tear.

Signing out from the sleepless city.

Alex S


OH and P.S. - Sorry Julia, I lost the game!!!

3 comments:

  1. Far from being funny...rather RUDE...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva - the commentary was light, refreshing and obviously shows a great camaraderie between this group of friends. Don't spoil it for them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was what I thought it was, too, camaraderie. This is why it hurt so much. I would be the last person to spoil anything. I really think that their trip is trully special.

    ReplyDelete

Top Canadian Blogs - Top Blogs